View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Thanks
That is a simpler answer for me. Will try it.
If only I knew why just entering an authors name as before is not bringing up a short list of his books.
book64 as your library grows search will get slower - one way to make it faster is to limit the searching to certain columns - in particular the book Comments makes searching slower. You can do that in Preference->Searching - the first attachment shows what I have, the #status column is a custom column - you will see that I exclude Comments.

if you have the Limit the searched metadata ticked and you don't have author included in Columns that have non-prefixed searches are limited to: then the author column is not searched

If you right click a book you will see an option for Similar Books, which has sub-options as shown in the second attachment, these options can be accessed with keyboard shortcuts as shown in the attachment - eg Alt/a for Author, Alt/p for publisher etc.

So to answer your original question [What is the] Correct way to search in calibre? There is no 'correct way', calibre has many ways to search and all are correct.

There's a Search button to the left of the search bar, it can also be useful.

BR x-posting with DoctorOhh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	105872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2013-05-14 , 16_17_57.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	105873  

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-14-2013 at 02:55 AM. Reason: clarity