View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #59
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Sounds like different strokes for different folks. For me, on the ipad, both the iBook app and Kindle app work just fine as book readers. I also use the kindle fire, the Sony PRS-T2 and have used the Sony 500, 505 and original kindle. All work fine for the intended purpose, i.e. to read books. Since most of my reading is on the iPad, I'll limit my comments to that.

I switch between the iBook and Kindle app, though mostly read with the iBook app simply because it does a better job of organizing my books (no idea why Amazon hasn't put collections into the Kindle app or kindle fire). Once I'm in a book, I just want the app to get out of the way, and both apps do that just fine. I like that they both sync between devices (I carry the fire to lunch, so I tend to read books that I read at lunch in the kindle app, then sync with the fire). I can't think of a single book reading feature that I would want that I don't already have.

What I really want is an app that does a better job of allowing me to organize books, keeps track of which books I've read and which ones I haven't. Some of the other book reading apps make a go of doing that (Kobo for example), but they also have so many other bells and whistles that I don't find the book reading, once I'm in the book, as smooth as iBook or Kindle. Nor do they handle the number of books that I have well.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote