View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Right now quite a few people backup their kindle books on their computer together with the PID needed to deDRM the books. And thank to those Ayn Rand books that were silently deleted from many a Kindle there will be even greater number of people doing that. People are not removing DRM at the moment, because there is no need.

When the first ads infested books appear they would provide *lots* of people with justification to strip the DRM and clean up the books.
I agree. I am one of those who keeps a back-up copy of all my e-books minus the DRM. It makes sense and I don't know why anyone would act differently. How many people do you know with MP3 players don't keep copies of their music on their computer hard drive? How many people keep the DRM on their music files (especially now that MP3s are sold legally now)? It didn't fly with the music industry, why should people ignore the problem with books? If I pay for something, I intend to really own it. I should be allowed to do anything I want with it.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote