View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
Check out this Amazon discussion
According to user opinions the answer to your question is yes.
For instance:
"CBRetriever says:
... for those who use the instant translation a lot, 3G is wonderful as I can read on my daily commute (RER/Train has 3G), sitting on a park bench, in my office during lunch, etc
I've never connected my Paperwhite or my Touch via wifi and am perfectly happy that way"
That says nothing about access outside the US which was the OP's question.

That being said, I cannot think of a reason why they would cut off this one service outside the US yet leave Wikipedia working.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote