View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebill View Post
I have a number of poems in plain text I would like to convert them to epub, or Digital pdf, or some other format so I can put them up for free download.

I have Sigil, eCub, and Atlantis downloaded and installed. Probably easy to convert, but it has been a long work week and I am rather tired.

So, how do I do this ? Are there examples that come with the programs, a faq here I didn't spot ? What is the correct direction ?

Hmmm. Maybe I just need some rest. I'll do that, and check back in after a few hours, and see what I can find in the way of examples, docs, etc.

Thank you.
One program you can use is OpenOffice.org (a free office suite). The following thread may provide the help you seek when using OpenOffice.org to convert plain text files into other formats: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62934

OpenOffice.org will save files as PDFs, but as far as I know it doesn't support epub (yet).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote