View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdraw2 View Post

Why has Barnes and Noble catered to the gamers and video watchers, and not the serious readers. They certainly could use a bigger e-ink eReader-like Kobol's offer, plus, the additional features mentioned above, for their color tablets. By the way, Kobol's is on the right track focusing on their eReaders, they're gaining ground. That's where Barnes and Nobles should have stayed focused.

dwdraw2
I'm a serious reader, but I'm waaay beyond school age, so I don't need an ereader that handles textbooks or even one that has a highlighting function, for that matter. I've never used that in any of the ereaders that I own, especially the NOOK HD/HD+ where such things can be done in color. For more bells and whistles in my reading experience, I just use Moon Reader or Cool Reader.

What I do like, though, is being able to take a break from reading to play a game or to watch some live world news, without having to go and fire up one of my computers or go into the room where the TV is. I like being able to access the current weather radar, or do a quick check of my bank balance. I like being able to look up the meaning of a word and then wander off on a ramble through Wikipedia.

I don't think that the line between "serious readers" and "game players and video watchers" is as hard and fast as it once was.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote