View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think you meant Baen not Bean JSWolf. lol. Point taken though. I have that problem with books I bought from Mobipocket.com. They are owned by Amazon, but since they are books I paid for (rather than the free ebooks on site) they won't open on the Kindle even though they are mobi books. So I either have to find a way to break the DRM for such or buy new copies from Amazon although I already bought them over at Mobipocket. I don't think that's fair myself.
Yes, I meant BAEN and I edited the mistake. Thanks.

It isn't fair that your Mobipocket eBooks might be worthless unless you can strip the DRM. All of the Mobipocket eBooks I bought before I upgraded my computer would all be worthless as the PID is tied to the computer's hardware. Most were bought from Paperback Digital (because they had some really good discount codes) and give that PD is out of business, there's no way to go back and update the DRM. If I did not have the ability to remove the DRM, they'd be wasting hard drive space right now.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote