View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #58
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
OK, I'm curious. What are the advanced features of Android vs. iPhone? What are regular people using on their Android phones that is so exciting? I'm a Mac user - have been since the 80s - so please let me know what I'm missing.
- Android has widgets and gives plenty of options to customize your UI.
- I can just mount the Android phone as an external drive and dump files into a folder I create. I can then access the files on the phone and specify which program to use for them. No need to use an excrescence called iTunes to load the files and to attach them to some specific app.
- I can just attach an USB stick to my phone and open documents or watch films right from the stick. Obviously Apple can't allow that to happen as they would lose control and couldn't charge outrageous prices for additional memory.

You shouldn't discount Windows either. The Lumia 920 is a very attractive phone and I would prefer it over an iPhone.

Last edited by CommonReader; 01-13-2013 at 04:00 PM.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote