View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #49
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Thanks for the great reviews.
I am in that market segment that has been looking for a 'productive' tablet. I think the term itself is too broad and I understand you can't please everyone. But, for me, the ideal tablet would allow me to
- Read and annotating - academic articles in PDF and textbooks (epub, mostly)
- Connect to all my email accounts
- Connect to my calendar and contacts on an exchange server
- Have enough battery life so I can recharge overnight and never worry about it during the day.
- Get the WSJ and the Financial Times.

Not much, frankly. I don't care about video, multiple apps, heck I don't even need speakers. But a good email/calendar/contacts client is paramount.
In this sense, the iPad was too much of a toy. I was really hoping on Microsoft to deliver Outlook on a tablet. Heck, that was almost the main appeal. And their constant marketing claims of 'full office' had me interested.

Of course... they left outlook out.
And they want us to believe they are catering to a more work-oriented audience, creating a productive platform. And they don't include outlook.

Typical MS.

Truly, they never fail to disappoint.

Oh by the way... very minor stuff... but you can swipe between apps on an iPad. Not sure iPhone, I frankly never tried. But on an iPad, swipe four-fingers left or right to move between open apps.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote