View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #16
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Did you ever question to think maybe it's the difference between trying to read on a small phone rather than a machine that is around the same size as your typical paperback?

I also think that a great many people are simply in denial that their eyes maybe changing and it might be time to get some glasses. It's always better to blame a piece of technology rather than sucumb to admitting the fact of an aging body.

Ereaders are coming down in price, but I think it really is dependant on how much in a day you read on the devices. If you can read the same amount of time on both devices without the device dying on you then it really shouldn't matter. Pick whichever one you will find the most useful.
For me, I find the Kindle easier to read on in sunlight. I find it lighter than equivalent sized tablets, I find it larger than 3.5" screens, though not as large as a 7" Samsung Galaxy 7Plus.

All in all I prefer to read on the Kindle. Next would be a regular paper book, new without musty smell, though actually a paper book with slick white pages has glare in the sun or under a bright lamp also. Just about last would be a 3.5" screen of any kind. Well maybe a handheld microfiche would be last.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote