Thread: set up ?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Once you get a book into Calibre then it is up to you whether you keep the original as well. It seems to depend on personal preference. I let Calibre be my master database, while others like to keep copies outside Calibre.

Having lots of books can slow Calibre down slightly - but here we are talking about numbers like 10,000+ so if you are new to this it you are unlikely to get there very quickly. Having said that I have seen others talking about handling 50K books without too serious a perfomance degredation. I personally have over 15K books in my library without performance issues.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote