View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I just had an online help chat with someone from the Singapore library and it appears they HAVE changed their policy. She was very helpful, and didn't realize about the policy change herself until she called their overdrive people to find out. Here is a portion of the chat:

(05:31:59 PM) Visitor 781381: yes I have been able to access overdrive before
(05:32:33 PM) Lynnette: ok give me a moment!
(05:34:11 PM) Lynnette: when was the last time you successfully used overdrive?
(05:34:23 PM) : I think I checked something out last week
(05:35:28 PM) Lynnette: Hi!
(05:35:56 PM) Lynnette: Ok I'm super sorry, but I called the people in charge of overdrive and they informed me that there was a change in their access policy just 2 days ago
(05:36:04 PM) : oh no
(05:36:23 PM) Lynnette: specifically, now users based overseas will no longer be able to access overdrive
(05:36:50 PM): ok that is really too bad, you always had different books available
(05:36:56 PM) Lynnette: if you have worked/lived in Singapore before, you may have this thing called a FIN number which you can use, but otherwise, there seems to be no way you can log in now. I'm so sorry!
(05:37:05 PM) : Just FYI...I know many users would pay a small subscription fee
(05:37:16 PM) Lynnette: Also sorry that seemingly no one has updated you all about it
(05:37:16 PM) : some overdrive libraries in the US do that for people out of the area
(05:37:44 PM) : no worries, it is not your fault. I do appreciate you taking the time to figure it out
(05:37:54 PM) Lynnette: Yes, thank you for the feedback. We're in the midst of reviewing a lot of our stuff recently, so hopefully this will change in time to come
(05:38:03 PM) Lynnette: But for now, I'm sorry!
(05:38:13 PM): np, thanks and have a good day/night?
(05:38:28 PM) Lynnette: it is day have a good night!
(05:38:44 PM) Lynnette: And I'll pass on the feedback
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote