View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
Why??
My own experience with Adobe formats (particularly PDF) is that they seem biased toward the creator's desires at the expense of the user's needs. PDF is a wonderful format for anything I want to print. I find it much less useful as a reading format.

I also have had issues with using Adobe software in the past. Earlier versions of Acrobat reader were incredibly slow-- even with relatively fast computers-- and I find the updater to be annoying as well.

It's this combination of documents that I have to struggle to read because they won't reflow to fit my screen, and software that gets in the way that makes me distrust Adobe products.

My own experience has caused me to react negatively to Adobe products because I associate them with slow software and being forced to jump through unnecessary hoops.

(Try reading several hundred pages of double column PDF documents for work where you have to do the scroll down and jog up thing because no matter what combination of resolution and zoom you pick it's impossible to get the whole page on the screen and still have it be legible.)

I bought a laser printer specifically so I could print out the PDF versions of the HERO Games rules that I bought, because it was easier than trying to deal with them on-screen.

I like the idea of epub: Past experience leads me to believe that Adobe software will cause me to focus more on the software and less on the document.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote