View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #62
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
usbnet for Paperwhite

IMPORTANT EDIT: This entire post was obviously only caused by a huge misunderstanding on my part. Much of it was pointless, and so the attachment is also removed. The original text of the post can still be found below.

Since the usbnetwork package seems to have been incorporated in this thread now (which is OK), here's a new version that was actually repackaged for all K5 and PW models (the one in the first post is for Kindle Touch only, which may cause rather large confusion, because the JB is for the Touch and PW, and the thread states that as well).

@NiLuJe: feel free to take this file and attach it to the first post, I'll then remove it from here.

@PW owners: this is actually untested on the PW (simple: I don't have one), so please try it out (at your own risk though!) and PLEASE REPORT BACK whether it really works on the Paperwhite. I can only assume that it does, but so far I could only verify it to work on my K5.

PS/off-topic: we really need to find some clear nomenclature. Both the PW and and Touch are (Firmware-wise) "K5", but their HW is different enough so that some software stuff may work on one, but not the other. Therefore, I reverted to using "Touch" instead of "K5" to disambiguate what I'm talking about.

Any thoughts? I'd personally be fine with something like "K5T" and "K5P", but I'm not sure if that would fit everyone.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 02:41 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote