View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewyn View Post
Now my question is, what/where does the col #value stand for? How do I search via that value so I can know exactly where the problem lies in the long string? Is that a character count? I have tried on fixing it manually, but don't see any errors in the code.
As theducks mentioned, it may be better to have more reasonable line lengths.

In the future, you could also do something like this:

Code:
<p>Alexandria, <a href="">123</a>, <a href="">124</a>, <a href="">125</a>, <a href="">126</a>, <a href="brokenlink">127</a>, <a href="">128</a></p>
Save a temporary EPUB, and then run this Search/Replace in Regex Mode:

Search: ,\s
Replace: ,\r\n

After:

Code:
<p>Alexandria,
 <a href="">123</a>,
 <a href="">124</a>,
 <a href="">125</a>,
 <a href="">126</a>,
 <a href="brokenlink">127</a>,
 <a href="">128</a></p>
Then next time you run epubcheck, you get a more helpful line number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Create a Report using Sigil's tools and look under links It will tell you exactly which anchor's target is missing which is what is generating your error message.

Tools > Reports > Links, then sort by the "Target Exists?" column. If it says "no" then you can go take a closer look.

As an example, "page800" accidentally "page80":

Click image for larger version

Name:	SigilLinksReport-TargetExists.png
Views:	157
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	156244
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote