View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #17
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
Tex,

I do know how to embed a font, but I wrongly thought the symbol was only available in Webdings (which the author used), and Webdings is copyrighted.

The problem with font embedding is 1) not all ereaders support font embedding; 2) if the user turns off publisher formatting, the symbol will disappear; 3) if the ereader does not read CSS, the symbol will disappear.

On the other hand, if the reader does not read CSS, the image will become HUGE because the em value is in the CSS. (I wonder if I should do both: put the em value in the CSS and in the HTML?)

What a dog's breakfast. This is why I suggested she not use the image. It's not integral to the book.

I am curious, though, as to why you included SSs of Kindle. Kindle reads the Unicode without the need to embed the font. (I am naming my firstborn after Doitsu for that.)

Thanks, Tex, for taking the time to create a test book, screenshots, and the code for embedding a font. Much appreciated.
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote