View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Hi, Tox:

No, no tables. The first one I tried contained some Word x-refs (I think to a now non-existent character list, perhaps), which I didn't realize, and I think that just tanked it completely. It simply stopped responding, across all open instances of Word, and I had to restart it.

The second one I tried (and, as far as it goes, it worked a treat, btw) completed, but then it seemed to hang Word. I had to close Word from the task bar; the (now-empty) Word program just sat there like a dead dodo, I couldn't close it by the usual methods, either by File->exit, File->close, or x'ing out, I was only able to close it from the taskbar.

The resulting html file, though, was findable and usable, so whatever happened, it produced the file, placed the finished html file in the dir, but then Word just wanked. (I realize that these are highly descriptive technical terms: wanked). My only other question, other than the Word program weirdness, is the inquiry into the other paragraph styles. I infer that what the macro is asking is for the Word-given style name, is that right? Does this iterate if there are, for example, 5 styles that you wish to retain? (This is simply a curiosity question; I'm comparing this macro's capabilities against the BookCreator macro for our newer bookmakers who haven't developed their own macros/clips/PERL programs to do it.)

Thanks--hope this is remotely useful,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote