View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #608
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@taratears - I don't think the plugin itself will fix anything, all it does is find things that might need fixing.

A duplicate pair might be due to incorrect metadata on one of the books, or they may be the same book in different formats, or the same book with different translator/language/whatever, or different editions of the same book... etc. Each duplicate requires the user to take appropriate action, such as: change metadata, merge the books, delete a book, do nothing.

The only 'fix' the plugin can do is to mark a duplicate group as an 'exemption' so that it doesn't get reported in subsequent runs of the plugin - but using that option can lead to confusion regarding Marking of books.

So what do you mean by "using this to fix issues all day"

BR

Sorry for being unclear, I used it to find issues, then corrected them by fixing the discrepancies in author and title sorts that it was picking up on, and deleting the outright duplicates as I found them. When I was done, I re ran the plugin, and they seemed to be gone. At a later date during the day, I ran it on the same library and they were all there again.
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote