View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
This is the first mail I got from iRex
Quote:
De enige oorzaak van dit probleem kan liggen in de geinstalleerde software. Mijn collega heeft informatie over uw iLiad opgezocht, waaruit blijkt dat in maart 2010 een SDK-versie is opgehaald voor dit apparaat.
Het vervelende van SDK is, zoals u weet, dat deze software nooit geheel stabiel werkt. In dit geval uit zich dat bij de WiFi verbinding.

Onze technische dienst is bereid uw iLiad te onderzoeken, en eventueel de kernel wederom te programmeren. Voor transport en onderzoek wordt u gevraagd om 75 Service Credits aan te schaffen op www.irexshop.com.
Mocht er opnieuw een reprogramming nodig zijn, zal later een additionele betaling van 20 Service Credits worden gevraagd.
Basically they say the SDK causes the iLiad to be unstable and in this case it is the Wifi that is affected by it. Their second mail said that the software I installed after the SDK causes the problem with the Wifi, because it is not develloped and tested by iRex. But how can they know that I installed anything at all?
I'm not much of an programmer, so I followed Adams advice about the programs to the letter. I didn't install anything these last weeks, but before : zip for reflash, MRXVT, FBRreader, Dillo, iNewsstand, Mahjong, Ace of Penguin, Dictionary, Minipad, IPDFinstaller 2.12, New Lister. All these programs work like a charm, except Feedbooks not now. I just hope the instability won't affect the iLiad as an ereader. I use it a lot.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote