View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Dennis:

Indeed, there should be a third, non-crippled form put out there. However, owing to many businesses being wary of piracy, and whatnot, getting the text in a proprietary format is welcome. Perhaps once sales in two locked formats will create a positive feedback loop that emboldens them to release a simpler copy.

On the subject of non-fiction, that sailor author I mentioned wrote me back, saying that his fans aren't crooks, but other people are, so he will resist digital texts as long as possible. So even though I helped pay for his boat (his words), he doesn't trust me not to rob him.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote