View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Shantaram -- If you can stick with it...

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts

A very long and often uncomfortable novel. It is another book I read, knew immediately I loved it BUT did not get it all. Only this time I did not have the energy to read it again, found it on Audible and eventually listened to it read to me over a month often reading along with the audiobook.

It is probably in my top ten novels I ever read. You will either love it or hate it...and it can have that "The World According to Garp" oppressive-darkness to it in it never lets you be happy for the protagonist for more than a brief spot here and there...you feel good and just as soon as it happens, on to the next bad thing which actually let me identify with the author/character and root for him since he never gives up and even when he tries to do things right, well, you have the idea I am sure. For all of it I loved every page of this book. However I do suggest ya read it as a novel and divorce the idea it is supposed to be autobiographical. Perhaps it is, perhaps it's not, but I liked it either way. But be prepared for a long and sometimes tedious read.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote