Thread: PRS-600 Potential owner
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #27
Euroboy
Connoisseur
Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle2 Intl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
Kind of agree with everyone.

The glare is not as bad as a shiny book, but the display is not as easy on the eye as my old 505. However, it's perfectly good, and I am loving the increase in speed and (against expectations) the touch screen.

Passed the 505 to my wife - think it will be in the family for ever. The 600 is nice, but it will be on eBay when Sony fix the clarity issue with the 605! In the mean time, still much prefer it to a p-book, just not with the kind of religious passion I felt for the 505!

If you don't need the speed, the dictionary or touch screen, the 300 is fantastic.

Just my thoughts.

amjb

The only thing that stops me from switching from my 600 to a kindle2 is the dictionary and to some degree - the open format. I am really unhappy about the glare, hurts my eyes but I can hold out for now..
Euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote