View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Well I had something different in mind... the embedded scripting language could interface to some kind of Sigil API that would provide access to all the metadata, XHTML files, images files etc... so one could write scripts to etc. remove page numbers from scanned books, or do other sorts of boring and easily automated tasks. Honestly you could do a LOT with that. I'm sure people would find more uses for it than I could imagine.
How about something with special keywords, some for document flow events (like "start chapter" or "start paragraph" or "next word" or even "next character") and some string handling functions (like "first character" and "substring" etc.)

It has been done a zillion times before, but it is the first method which springs to mind when I think about how to automate the proces of inserting "drop capitals"
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote