View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
The point I was trying to make is that Amazon owns Mobipocket and I already have mobipocket versions of their ebooks that I bought in the past, and I can't see having to pay twice for the same book just because Amazon twists the DRM code so one version works on the Kindle and the other doesn't.
It's a valid point. Before purchasing a Kindle, I had many books in Mobi format previously purchased for other devices (not to mention PDB files going back to Peanut Press). Scripts for stripping DRM were available and I took advantage of them -- otherwise I wouldn't have purchased a Kindle.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote