View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
Trane
Groupie
Trane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: android tablet
Well, it's still happening, but less frequently. I just lost 2.5 hours of painstaking work b/c Sigil hung then insisted on closing when I was trying to place a picture. I am not used to having to manually save every 2 minutes so I don't lose my work. I'm used to Word that has an auto-save feature every few minutes. Does Sigil have any such feature?

EDIT: Please tell me there is a temp folder somewhere where I can manually pull my file from ... I am not opening Sigil again b/c I don't want to overwrite any possibility I could retrieve the file as it was when the program crashed.

EDIT#2: I found the temp folder dated today but the HTML inside is from before I started working. This is enough to make me use another program. I will first see about designing a macro to auto-save every 5 min. I just can't remember to autosave constantly when I'm busy working. This seems like a trivial feature to add to Sigil, but I'm no programmer.

Last edited by Trane; 02-28-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Trane is offline   Reply With Quote