View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 05:06 PM   #3528
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
No danger of it becoming a favorite for me. It would be greatly improved if I could excise all Thackeray's "humorous" commentary. As it is, I'd rather reread Anna K!
Well, that's a pity, especially since you don't abandon books and it's a long 'un.

I'm listening to two terrific books myself (and it's been a while since I could say that), Empire of Liberty by Gordon S. Wood, a history of the early American republic and The Master by Colm Tóibín, an imagination of Henry James's interior life.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote