View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finally finished the book! This past month has been my slowest of the year for reading. Ultimately it was a very human story about love and finding one's identity in the world. I really enjoyed the writing style.

I liked the original title best. Happiness is in the eye of the beholder. There was a price for their happiness. Carol had to sacrifice her relationship with her daughter at the whims of her ex-husband. One also wonders if they stayed together in the future.

Therese's naivety was frustrating. I felt that at times she was too naive and at other times she seemed older than her age. Although by the end there was a clear progression in her coming of age story.

I paired reading this book with listening to the audiobook This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel. It is a contemporary coming of age tale about finding one's identity and acceptance in the world. A beautiful story about a family with a transgender child based on the author's own experiences as a mother.
http://www.lauriefrankel.net/this-is...always-is.html
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote