View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
149 pages into Mission of Honor right now. My impression so far: Certainly not as good as the first few, but better than the last few.

Ebooks make it so easy to be lazy ... no need to go out (outside! where the sun is!) and drive to an actual bookstore, no need to wait for the postman ... just drop by Baen's site and buy a book ... or two ... or OMG, what just happened to my to-be-read list? And my bank balance?

But anyway, yes, if you're looking for fantasy and SF (please, don't call it sci-fi) Baen is your first stop. Ignore their politics, just buy their ebooks. Closed Circle has CJ Cherryh, Lynn Abbey, and Jane Fancher. Barbara Hambly is selling short stories from her website. BookView Cafe has all kinds of good stuff, including Vonda McIntyre's Dreamsnake. All, by the way, DRM-free. And all except the Barbara Hambly short stories very reasonably priced (and if you're a fan of Barbara Hambly's discontinued series, you don't care about the price ... who needs groceries anyway when you've got ebooks?).

Worldwalker
Love your posts. Always find out great stuff.Thanks for the info on Barbara Hambly and Vonda McIntyre. Love both of them. Can't wait to see what's there.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote