View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As far as I kbnow there is no built in limit. The largest library I have heard of people already having is around 30K books which is quite a large library. I personally currently have about 9K books in a wide variety of formats (averaging around 4 formats per book) - total size is around 14GB.
Yep. Just imported 31222 books, total size 11GB. That took a day (literally; it took almost 24 hours), but version 0.6.49 now starts up in 1,5 minutes and searches take < 2 sec.

The older versions were completely unusable on this machine (1.5GB RAM, 1,66GHz Core2Duo T5500) with only ~20K books in them (last time I tried). Startup took more than 20 minutes and searches took minutes. This with a DB created with a humongous batchfile of 'calibredb add'-commands, as importing through the GUI...welll

Great job, Kovid!
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote