View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #38
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Well, the Sony does support PDF, it just doesn't support A4 sized PDFs -- not very well, anyway.
Oh well. We have been through this before

* Stage 1
I can say that I can write programs using C++.
Sony says it supports PDF.

** Stage 2
Someone hires me and asks to write a code (on a basis that I am proficient in writing programs using C++)
Someone buys the reader (on a basis that it supports pdf files) and try to read their pdf files which are probably 98% are A4.

*** Stage 3
I give the guy (who hired me and paid me money for the service) a set of instructions of how HE should teach me to write the program in C++ for his business.
Sony gives us instructions how WE should prepare PDF files(that are already ready to be used and are the end product that should not require any further editing) for the reader to digest them.

In both cases the customers are being mislead by false claims.
The claims are not strictly false, because I can write programs in C++ but only for aviation and have no clue how to write programs for banking and the reader supports pdf files...that are non existant but cannot make a conventional pdf files usable.
In both cases we had to inform out customers before thay paid money about our limitations, however we never did...

Last edited by astra; 04-15-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Without smiles it was too dry :) Sorry :)
astra is offline   Reply With Quote