View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I loved - emotional attachment - my EBW1150. I finally had to give it up when I could no longer see well enough to read on it. It is inexpensive, very comfortable in the hand, and has a touchscreen and built-in light. Much more comfortable to hold than any other device that I've handled, even if it does weight a few ounces more. It's all in the ergonomic design and nice grip feature.

Here's the lowdown: It uses an obsolete format called IMP. Not a big deal if you download books from here or buy them from eBookwise.com. However, you will have to learn to use some of the conversion software if you want to purchase books in other formats. I am inept and never became proficient in converting other formats or enlarging fonts.

What I've been telling folks is to go to eBookwise.com and browse their collection. If you like what you see, then you can not go wrong with the EBW1150. However, if you are looking for some specific titles and can't find them, then maybe another device and format would be a better fit.

Good Luck with whatever you choose. All of the devices are wonderful, and each has its own set of drawbacks. But no matter what you choose, I am certain you will have many years of happy reading.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote