View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighugs View Post
Hi everyone,
I got a Sony ereader for Christmas and am shocked at the prices of ebooks and also how many books don't seem to be available as ebooks. Could anyone give me some tips on good sites for cheaper ebooks please???
Many thanks - and Happy New Year!
Mandy
Welcome.

Since I'm not sure what you mean by "the prices" it is hard to suggest a place for "cheaper" ebooks. However, there are 10s of thousands of free ebooks available too... which if you partake will bring your per-book price way down. Heck, there are over 5000 ebooks in the mobileread library that cost no more than the time/cost of a download.

So far I have read 26 ebooks of which I only had to pay for 10. The reast were free (public domain) or free giveaways from TOR or the author him/herself. My per-book price is probably less than $2 each.

Check out our Wiki for these sources for free ebooks. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks

Enjoy your stay here at Mobileread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote