View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #39
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I didn't mean to invoke religion just to comment on another posters post. Word choice in a text can be a turn off I'd think certainly. If the author chooses the wrong words in presenting their story/argument then they are more likely to lose readers. I remember reading about an inferior quote from Shakespeare that was made from memory that is a good example.

Shakespeare: To be or not to be, that is the question...

Inferior quote: To be or not to be, that is the point...

Both quotes continue the text, but the original from Shakespeare reads a lot better. I can only imagine how unreadable a complete text of Hamlet would be with such changes.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote