View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #22
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't bother with Time Traders as the entire series is not available as eBooks since the series switched publishers.
The first four, written between 1958 and 1963, (The Time Traders, Galactic Derelict, The Defiant Agents, and Key Out of Time) are all available as free ebooks from www.feedbooks.com. The volume available at Baen as "Time Traders" is actually the first two of those books. The rest of the series, Firehand, Echoes in Time, and Atlantis Endgame, were written between 1994 and 2002. Since anyone following the series had to wait 31 years between volumes four and five, I doubt it would do much harm to *start* reading! The rest will probably be ebooks before another 30 years has passed.

Andre Norton's SF and the Heinlein juveniles were what got me into SF in the late 1960s - I can still picture that particularly exciting shelf in the local children's library. Haven't seen them for years, but they're now on the virtual read-pile of my iLiad. I wonder if I'll still enjoy them?
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote