View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Thanks for the info, Snowman. The Kindle did have over 1 gb left on it, but it had over 1000 books. I don't know where debug is or how to find it, but I did do a factory reset and the books I loaded back onto it are about a third of what I had before. So far, the Kindle has been much smoother and brisker to operate than it was before. Maybe it was a mistake to feel like I had to have every book on there For instance, I used to have a collection for every series I had not read yet and now I just made one for 'current series' and loaded in the books for just one series. When I finish those, I will load another. After the night's reboot, it has about 300 books on it. I think I will try to keep at 500 or so and no more.
I can't find the thread, but it has been claimed that loading a "large" number of books makes the Kindle unstable. Another thread says that that having collections and a large number of books also adds instability.

A third thread says that putting book files in subdirectories in the documents directory makes the Kindle much more stable. The subdirectories do no show up in the Kindle's home page, but the books in them do.

I don't have a lot of books in my Kindle 2 or DX, because of fear of provoking instability, but I plan on making a subdirectory for each collection, move the books into the subdirectories, and see how that goes.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote