View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 AM   #47
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
How many of us have spent $10 to see a movie and then felt as if someone literally just stole two hours of our life? I mean where you honestly would have felt less cheated had you bought the ticket and thrown it away, and would even consider paying a buck or two more to have the memory wiped from your brain. The fact that it cost $100 million to make the movie was of no consolation.

That seldom happens with a book, at least for me. It's not because there aren't terrible books, but because I have better opportunities to determine quality beforehand, at least to a far greater extent. There's books by authors I know are going to provide hours of entertainment, not to mention a level of emotional and intellectual fulfillment. That experience is not diminished by the price:material cost ratio, nor is it a factor when buying it (unless it's outrageous which rarely is the case). It's tough to put a price on these things.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote