Thread: Where You Live
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Where You Live

Here's a lounge thread that ties into my vent/rant. =)

Where do you live? What do you like/dislike about your location?

I'll start.

I like the location. It's close to the beach. But I never go. The last time I went to the beach, K's purse was almost stolen from right under her as we napped on the sand. The crime rate is out of control and getting worse by the day, regardless of the "sharp decrease over the past ten years."

It may be less. But now it's everywhere. Before it was confined to maybe one or two streets, now it's pretty much just taken over the metro. The Sheriff's helicopter flies over my condo nightly. And I live in a nice community. It's mostly old timers/retirees and snowbirds, but the few of us that live here all year work hard.

The temperatures are out of control along with the humidity. It's a slingshot, one day we've got 50's and 60's, the next it's almost 90. Today was pleasant with the high in the mid-70's. Right now it's in the mid-60's. Humidity is manageable at best this evening. But it's not a windows open night like I would like.

The area is the capital of urban sprawl. There's lots of shops and things to do, but they've pretty much devoured the last bits of farmland and grass. I like shopping, my credit cards don't. City Place is pretty.

Our unemployment rate is hovering around 12 - 15%. We're in the top 10 for most foreclosures. It's so blighted and depressing. And flat.

And people are crazy.

But the beach is nice!!

There. Now I feel better. Guess it's your turn.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote