View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eater View Post
That fixed it! Thank you.
I found that I had a lot better luck bypassing my distribution's repository. Since I'm using Linux Mint 17.1 (based on Ubuntu 14.04) I would be stuck at Calibre 1.25 at this point. But even when my repository was closer to current, the version from Calibre "direct" was a lot better. Even my laptop, where I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) the Calibre version in the repository is 2.55. Downloading from Calibre's site, I can use the same version across Linux versions (even on Widows 8.1, a partition I have on the laptop for Sony, Kobo and ADE mostly).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote