Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #10342
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I'm impressed! You got further on this riddle than I did when I read the book. The title of the book will be revealed at the end of the quiz. I couldn't understand the meaning of the verse, so this is well done.

The answer to Bilbo's question is put in spoilers:
Spoiler:
You are quite right; every line holds a keyword. When you have found all the keywords, you will get a message (not an object or a thing like in the last riddles, but a message/sentence). This message is the correct answer to the quiz. But since this will likely be a quiz where others will build on pdurrants answers, let's say that the one who comes up with most of the correct keywords win the quiz.

-Homer's tale of Troy is the Illiad - correct
-But Iceland is not the country of the midnight sun
-Our Christ preyed in the Garden of Gethsemane - correct
-Good fortune comes from a four leaf clover, that is correct. But where does this belief come from? Where does the four leaf clover grow
-North is indeed the missing one here
-One of them is correct, but I think only one of them can be correctly discribed as "vanquished here"
-And yes, Eve is the mother of all sin - correct. Apparently, Adam was innocent as a lamb

Last edited by Iznogood; 12-04-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote