View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #116
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightstrike View Post
Hi cscat and geekmaster,

thanks for the scripts. I managed to recover my Kindle Touch. It was previously stuck at the Kindle Home Screen for a week plus until I chanced on this forum.
Hi and thanks for all the kind words. Oh and welcome to the family of MR.
I'm so glad you got your Kindle back. We all owe geekmaster and he has saved us multiple hundreds of bucks! So give karma to him for his Awesomeness!

I try to answer your questions my friend:

1. I leave this to geekmaster but I guess forensic one is 5.0.0 so if you hadn't updated your device before it bricked, it'd be the forensic one.

2. Personally, I don't jump to updates headfirst... according to this thread, there's no actual motivation for me to update to 5.0.4. Mine is 5.0.3 and I like it better than 5.0.0 (except I had to replace a jar file to remedy a software glitch). All in all, if you can't grab a hold of 5.0.3, my best suggestion for you would be to stick with 5.0.0 for now.

3. Yes you can.

4. It could be because of running out of space. Do you have lots of books (and hence a big collection database)?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote