View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
I have a Calibre library with over 14,000 titles right now (about 8,000+ are MOBI and most of the rest are PDF), and I've meticulously edited all of these titles so that the Titles and Authors are perfect.

When my brother asked me to import a few thousand of these into his iPad...
You need to get out more. I read a lot. I seriously doubt I've read more than 3000 books in my lifetime. I might make it to 5000 by the end. I might not.

In truth, your basic problem is you're trying to force these systems into doing a job that almost no one needs. The designers never anticipated that anyone would handle this sized library. I'm glad iTunes worked so well. That's Apple's good design skills and tight control over the hardware/software environment showing. Don't expect that in a diverse environment.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote