View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #202
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I would like to recommend Trick or Treatment?: alternative medicine on trial (In the USA, Trick or Treatment: The Undeniable Facts about Alternative Medicine) by Simon Singh and Edzard Ernst. I read it some time ago (in paper) and for what I know it is now available as an ebook on Amazon.
That should be good. Simon Singh, of course, is the author who was sued in recent years for libel by the British Chiropractic Association for calling certain bogus chiropractic practices bogus. The suit was unsuccessful, but it cost Singh a small fortune to fight it. However, the damage done to the reputation of the BCA by bloggers, skeptics, scientists, doctors, and others who came to Singh's defense was so immense that many now have forgotten that the 'B' in 'BCA' was originally meant to stand for 'British.'
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote