View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #48
buffboy
buffboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devot3d View Post

Thanks for the helpful thread!

I've used the tips here to make my own Chinese-English dictionary. I converted CEdict over to the correct format, got rid of the traditional characters since I don't want them and I'm not sure how they would affect the functionality of the dictionary. I also changed the pinyin with numbers to pinyin with tone marks because I prefer tone marks.

It seems to be good, but I don't know until I try it on a Kindle and my Kindle is not working right now

So is there anyone with a Kindle 3 that could test out my dictionary for me? I'd really appreciate any help, and I'm sure other people would find a Chinese-English dictionary helpful.

just check out the attached .mobi file, set it as your default dictionary on the kindle, and let me know if it works with the instant lookup.
Hey Devot3d, it didn't work for me. I can open and read the dictionary, however, the look up function does not work for me. If it makes any difference, I do have the font and ss hack for the kindle.

I'd be happy to test future versions for you as well! Keep up the good work!

edit: If anyone else has made a Chinese-English dictionary, please post it! Help us non-computer savvy users!

Last edited by buffboy; 12-16-2010 at 01:59 AM. Reason: asking for other users to post
buffboy is offline   Reply With Quote