View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Before you dismiss the Sony for its lack of Wifi, consider exactly why it is you want wifi for. I've got the PRS600 and I bought it particularly for its lack of Wifi.

For me, it's no hardship to connect the Reader with a cable to download newspaper and magazine sites now and than, in large part because that charges the thing at the same time - and I have a tendency to let my electronic gadgets run out of charge. Used with Calibre, it's also the easiest way to rearrange my sorts and tags and download purchased books to my computer for safekeeping and storage. Then again, I spend a good part of most days on my computer so I like using the Reader as a genuine book, without the distraction of Internet connectivity. Your mileage will vary according to your habits and preferences.

Can't really help you on the library issues. I'm not located anywhere near a library with e-books and for the time being I'm well stocked with reading material between purchases and free material from Gutenberg.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote