View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #8
jehrler
Enthusiast
jehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toysjehrler shares his or her toys

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
There isn't anything in that log about columns.

I have a dim memory that iOS CC might not fully support columns built from other columns. I own neither a Mac nor an iOS device so I can't test it.

One test that will tell us what is happening: create a standard text custom column and see if CC "sees" it. If it does then we know that calibre and CC are passing the column information. Next try a "Column built from other columns, acts like tags" and see if CC sees that. If CC sees the standard text column but neither of the "columns built ..." then we know my suggestion won't work.

The above experiment would also point at a solution, albeit somewhat clumsy. You could create a standard text column then use Bulk Metadata search/replace to populate it. Use: RegEx mode, "Template" as the source, the above template as the template, (.*) as the search expression, \1 as the replacement expression, and the name of the text column as the destination. This S&R will fill in the column with the correct series sort.
You nailed it. The built from other columns is not working on iOS.

Thanks for the workaround.
jehrler is offline   Reply With Quote