View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
jamesemu
jamesemu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature 11th Gen; and Kindle Signature 2023 model
Needing help with a Kindle problem

Please can someone help? As my main source of books are from Project Gutenberg, from the Public Domain. I was able to get this book into Calibre. And tried to do as either Sirtel or Quoth mentioned in solving my last Gutenberg book problem, use the Calibre, conversion option to convert to kf8.azw3, as jhowell did, in solving a previous problem. However I am fairly new to Calibre and in converting I might have messed up the file? The symptom is: after sideloading from Calibre, and ejecting the book arrived in my Kindle, but when I tried to open it , each page seemed to jump at about 10% each and I arrived at the end of the book?
Title of the book is: Memoirs of the Union's Three Great Civil War Generals by Ulysses S. Grant et al. The URL is: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4546
In selecting the download to send to Calibre, I understood it to be: pg4546-images-kf8.mobi file(676KB)

My Kindle is a 10th Gen Paperwhite and I use Windows 10 with Mozilla as the browser. Also I recently updated Calibre to 6.9.0 Thanks in advance for help. jamesemu
jamesemu is offline   Reply With Quote