View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #36152
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Wow! I assume you meant on a bicycle and not a motorcycle. If I went for a 30 klick bike trip, my buns would be sore from here to eternity. But it's nice seeing you get away from the mess for a while, anyway. A change of scenery can help with all you've been through lately.
Yes, bicycle. My grandparents used to have a holiday home in Loosdrecht on the Breukelen side. In summer we always stayed in the "big house" and my grandparents had living quarters over the boathouse (my father's brother and sister weren't interested in staying there). I cycled my old route to Breukelen, partially along the Vecht and went back on the other side of the river. Which if you keep following it becomes the canal I live along and so end up in front of my home. It was nice to see old the old sights and a bit sad to see all the changes.

I am a bit saddle sore, not as much as I thought I would but chances are that when I wake up tomorrow I'll walk funny for a couple of hours.

I have decided to do this more often, it's not only nice to get away from the mess but I enjoy cycling on my own and there are some lovely spots along the river to sit, enjoy a picnic and read for a while. Next time I must remember to take my camera with me.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote