View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks for mentioning the "six profiles" limit. I hadn't bothered to check that but it doesn't surprise me.

I'm not surprised that there isn't a setting for identifying web content. You can, of course, control web access with parental controls but as far as identifying particular websites, you'll need a separate app like Maxthon's Kid Friendly browser or NetNanny. I don't think either of those is currently available for the KFHD (last time I checked) but each is available for the first gen Kindle Fire and I'm sure they would work if side loaded. Then, assuming you can identify side loaded apps in FreeTime (haven't checked) you could control web access at a website level (if that's what you want to do.)

The absence of music and AudioBooks options does surprise me. My first thought is that Amazon may have a more difficult time identifying non-Amazon content for those categories or they simply didn't complete development in time to release those features this month.

As far as whether it works for "two users," my main concern was separating my wife's and my "libraries." She's been accumulating e-books from Amazon for years and it's a PITA to have to sift through a large library looking for my books. So it works for us. But the limitations are pretty obvious.

Last edited by jsh1120; 10-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote