View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
"The newspaper you're holding may be next. Despite recent advances in ultra-thin and flexible e-paper/ e-ink displays, the lingering threat of e-books making paper publications redundant has failed to come true. This is perhaps largely because devices such as the iRex, Sony's e-reader and Amazon's recently launched Kindle (www.

KindleBookReader.net) are all substantial metal/plastic planks that fail to disappear when you've finished reading."

damn, I didn't realise that I was disadvantaged by the fact that my Illiad didn't disappear when I finish reading. I have been rather reassured by the fact that it remained a solid and tangible object. Now I find it is a disadvantage.
Hey, the guy must've just finished reading The Diamond Age, give him a break
This sort of comments are to be expected, but overall I think it's all thumbs-up for e-readers ...
I just hope the business will pick it up in Australia and actually start selling them. At the moment we have the choice of buying Illiad from Dymocks or getting it from overseas.
Businesses do read The Age and hopefully more of these kind of articles will get people to actually start selling e-Readers in Australia.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote