View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
Bilingual
Bilingual began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Any formatting options at all for the text in Kindle's instant dictionary popup?

I have been preparing an Icelandic dictionary with some success. I got the inflections working, which was my main issue. I did not use the tab2opf.py script, but instead used the boilerplate opf from the mobicon website together with an HTML-file created from a database of words with inflections and translations, I've compiled.

In order to increase usability, I would like to offer simultaneous translation to English in addition to my own language. To that end, I would prefer the output of the instant popup formatted somewhat like this:

dictionary-word
English translation
other translation

I have been tinkering with various HTML-codes, but they all seem to only apply to the full dictionary lookup and not to the instant popup, which always render:

dictionary-word English translation other translation

Now, do any text formatting options actually exist that applies to instant popup?

I have another small problem in that a few of my dictionary lookups adds a number of sequential dictionary entries to the same instant popup, despite no apparent formatting errors and no problems with the entries in the full dictionary lookup. Can't really grok that one.

Any pointers would be most welcome.
Bilingual is offline   Reply With Quote